Student Advisory Group
The Student Advisory Group is a committee of current and recently graduated FPS participants from FPSPI’s 30+ affiliates. The group’s mission is to enhance youth perspective in FPSPI decision making, facilitate connections among FPS participants from around the globe, and provide youth research and leadership opportunities.
Who can join?
Any current FPS participant or recent graduate from any affiliate is eligible to join the Student Advisory Group! All perspectives are welcomed and valued. Group meetings and operations accommodate time zone and language differences.
Is your child interested in significant global issues or community problems? Are you looking for a creative outlet to help enhance your child’s problem solving skills? Future Problem Solving provides academic inquiry through our problem solving model.
- – Virtual and Face-to-Face
- – Curriculum and competition
- – Real world experiences
Our programs are flexible for differentiated learning environments – engaging students inside and outside of the classroom. Our curriculum allows students to participate via curricular or co-curricular opportunities engaging in problem solving.
- – Varied themes for research and investigation
- – Comprehensively meets educational standards
Do topics such as Drones, Toxic Materials, Human Environmental Impact, or 3D Printing excite you? Does helping your community match your passion? If you are a student in grades 4-12 and want to stretch your thinking – our problem solving model is for YOU!
- – Learn 21st-century skills to help you stand out in college and your career
- – Showcase your critical and creative thinking skills
Our success relies on volunteers, and our appreciation is endless! There are many ways that you can support Future Problem Solving across the world throughout the year. Help make a difference in our world today.
- – Evaluating and Judging
- – Assisting with competition management
- – Organizing student activities
Would you like to read and analyze work from some of the brightest students in the world? The role of being an evaluator is greatly appreciated.
- – Experienced evaluators can earn certification to become an international evaluator
- – Our authentic feedback process is vital for student growth
Future Problem Solving Alumni are aware of the life-long learning that the FPS program provides.
- – Our incredible alumni assist with evaluation, event planning, volunteering, and production.
- – Receive newsletters and communications with opportunities to connect and stay involved
“Since my first foray into the wild and wonderful world of FPS, I have been in love with the creative problem solving process and engagement of the mind with fascinating futuristic ideas. I’ve regularly been called to speak before the school board about FPS, and always excitedly expound on its plethora of merits. They include, of course, the development of skills applicable in all areas of life. I am fortunate to have collaborated with and befriended individuals from all over the world – individuals with whom I look forward to creating the future!”
– Tahi Wiggins, Virginia FPS
More than 250,000 Future Problem Solving students
from more than 37 states and 14 countries
have participated in the last decade!
Find Your Affiliate By Clicking the Button Below and Get Started Today!