What is Mentoring?
For regions that do not currently have an FPS program, there are still many opportunities to participate. The FPSPI Office works with coaches interested in bringing FPS to their students, no matter where they are. Mentoring can start with a single coach and student, or include an entire school district, region, or state. All FPS components are available through the mentoring program.
Who can get involved?
FPS can be incorporated into classroom curriculum, an after school program, or separate from any school affiliation. If you are interested in examining the challenges of tomorrow in a creative and exciting manner, then FPS is for you! Whatever manner of participation works best for you is the one we encourage.
Which students can participate?Participants in the FPS Mentoring program range in grade from K-12. The USA grade equivalent divisions are as follows:
- Primary - (grade K-3)
- Junior - (grade 4-6)
- Middle - (grades 7-9)
- Senior - (grades 10-12)
What is the timeline?
The typical mentoring calendar follows an approximate school year of September-May, though there are options available for alternate style calendars. Dates vary depending on the components entered, however all registration for the 2018-19 competitive season must be completed by January 2019. Contact Kyla@fpspi.org for specific dates and details.
Where do I start?
Check out this flier to consider the components available. Share it with parents, teachers, students, or administrators as you explore FPS.
You can also read more details about each component that FPS offers here.
Email us with any questions you may have, and we’ll get things rolling.
Pricing for mentoring coaches and components are listed below.
2017-18 Future Problem Solving Mentored Areas:
Republic of Georgia
US D.O.D. Schools Korea
How much does it cost?
There is a one-time Annual Coach Fee that allows an individual to register students in all components. It also provides membership in the FPSPI Association for additional resources.
- New Coach Fee = $50
- Returning Coach Fee = $40
There is no limit for each coach (a coach can have multiple registrations under the 1 coach fee).
Each component registration includes component instructions, overviews, tips for coaches, and all necessary information to compete. Evaluation Guidelines, scoring documents, and a designated mentor for questions guidance and support are provided.
GIPS Registration - Each individual = $100 / Each team = $125
- Includes evaluations of student work for PP#1, PP#2, and Qualifying Problem
- Additional fees and invitation required for Affiliate Bowl competition
CmPS Registration - Each project = $100
- Includes Progress Report Feedback and assessment of Final Project
- Additional fees required for subsequent rounds of competition
AbPS Registration - Each team = $75
- Includes feedback for up to two projects
ScP Registration - Each submission - $40
- Includes assessment of Final entry and eligibility for International Conference Invitation
SW Registration - Premium submission = $75
- Includes progress feedback on draft submission and
- Assessment of Final submission entry and eligibility for International Scenario Writing Competition
SW Registration - Final submission = $50
- Includes assessment of Final entry and eligibility for International Scenario Writing Competition